TBG Wins Five Omni Intermedia Awards
American Visionary Art Museum, Chemical Heritage Foundation, Arts Every Day, Association for Zoos and Aquariums and Maryland State Education Association Web Sites Take Home Honors
TBG (The Berndt Group), a Baltimore, Maryland-based full service interactive agency, has received Omni Intermedia Award honors for work on the American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM), Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF), Arts Every Day, Association for Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and Maryland State Education Association (MSEA) web sites. AVAM, CHF, Arts Every Day and AZA took home the gold and MSEA took home silver honors.
Profiles of the winning projects:
- TBG designed and developed a new website for the American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM) that sought to establish AVAM as a premiere museum of visionary art, with a focus on high end, interactive, cutting edge graphic design. We did the work pro bono. TBG typically takes on two pro bono projects per year for socially-motivated or arts-focused nonprofit organizations. The company feels it is important to support the local nonprofit and small business communities in Baltimore as much as we can.
- TBG also worked with the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) on a website redesign and CMS implementation project. The new site is implemented in the CrownPeak Content Management System (CMS). CHF fosters an understanding of chemistry's impact on society. An independent, nonprofit organization, CHF maintains major collections of instruments, fine art, photographs, papers, and books. The Foundation hosts conferences and lectures, supports research, offers fellowships, and produces educational materials. CHF's museum and public programs explore subjects ranging from alchemy to nanotechnology.
- For Arts Every Day, TBG designed the new organization's branding and website from the ground up. The site runs on the Ektron CMS. Arts Every Day is leading a collaborative effort to build relationships between the arts community and Baltimore City schools and parents and they needed to create an online platform for Baltimore City educators to identify artists and cultural organizations that can supplement classroom education and provide cultural experiences. Through its comprehensive Programs Directory, the nonprofit is the first organization in the region to provide parents and educators with easy access to arts and cultural offerings geared toward children in the Baltimore area.
- Working with the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), TBG redesigned the organizations' website and implemented the new site in the Ektron CMS. AZA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of accredited zoos and aquariums in the areas of animal care, wildlife conservation, education and science. AZA is America's leading accrediting organization for zoos and aquariums and accredits only those institutions that have achieved rigorous standards for animal care, education, wildlife conservation and science.
- Partnering with the Maryland State Education Association (MSEA), TBG redesigned the organization's website and implemented the new site in the Ektron CMS. MSEA's mission is to provide Maryland's educators and public schools with the tools and support they need to help every student succeed, whether it's through lobbying in Annapolis for school funding and better pensions, bargaining decent salaries and working conditions at the local negotiating table, providing legal aid and expert assistance whenever needed, or ensuring access to meaningful professional development and training.
"These projects were all outstanding projects—we enjoyed working with the clients and achieved successful outcomes for the clients by advancing their Web strategies, design and technical platforms. We are happy to receive the recognition by the Omni Awards," commented John Berndt, President and CEO.
About the OMNI INTERMEDIA AWARDS
The Omni Awards exist to recognize outstanding media productions that engage, empower and enlighten. Awards are given in the fields of Film & Video, Animation & Effects, and Web site Design.
For all levels of entries, Omni Awards brings together a wide variety of talented professionals working for highly respected companies. The judging process is rigorous. Patterned after the Emmy Awards, the Omni Awards committee uses a panel of three peer professionals who independently judge entries based on a standard set of criteria for each media type.
Companies represented by the awards committee include the Olympic organization committee, CNN, NBC, ABC, PBS, Cartoon Network, Disney, Associated Press, 328 Studios, New Dominion Film, Cre8tive Group, ArchVision, Sodium Entertainment, O’Reily, among many others.
TBG (The Berndt Group) is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets.