TBG and Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Celebrate Greystone Award for www.wfubmc.edu
Greystone Announces Eight Annual Best in Class Healthcare Website Awards
The Eighth Annual Greystone.Net and StayWell Custom Communications Best In Class Client Award Winners were announced at the Client Conference Luncheon on November 15, 2010 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV. Awards were presented in twelve categories, showcasing the finest in hospital and healthcare system website content and functionality.
TBG (The Berndt Group), a Baltimore, Maryland-based full service interactive agency, announced that its work with Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center on the organization's www.wfubmc.edu website received a Silver Award for "Best in Class, Best Redesign website - AMC."
Entries were reviewed by a panel, were narrowed to a list of finalists, and an online ballot was created. This year there were nearly 140 entries and 50 plus finalists.
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (WFUBMC) is one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers that operates 1,238 acute care, rehabilitation, long-term and psychiatric care beds. The Medical Center is the largest employer in Forsyth County, North Carolina, with more than 11,750 employees and consistently ranks in U.S.News and World Report's "Guide to America's Best Hospitals."
TBG partnered with Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center to design and develop a new website in the Ektron CMS400.NET content management system.
The project kicked off with extensive stakeholder interviews and analysis of WFUBMC's business requirements. This research and feedback guided TBG's recommended strategy for handling the various complex issues of the current site.
Our solutions included:
- Enhancing the market-leading brand presence for Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, using more appropriate imagery and clarifying the institutional structure for site visitors;
- Implementing color coded explicit segmented navigation, improving usability for site visitors;
- Developing related link strategies that allowed site editors to control their related links, while reducing overall site management time;
- Improving audience conversion, with better calls to action, improved usability and tab based user segmentation; and
- Creating a better infrastructure for content development and maintenance, integration of ADAM (medical content) and other automated content capabilities.
TBG developers created base templates and navigation which we handed off to WFUBMC developers to build out additional site areas. Berndt Group developers also provided guidance and strategies for difficult integrations with external databases like the A.D.A.M. medical reference data.
Noteworthy site features include:
- Integration with various database technologies, including A.D.A.M. data (specialized medical reference data) and custom physician databases;
- Extensive taxonomy (content relationship) structures creating automatic links of content based on related terms or topics;
- More visual calls to action allowing users to find doctors, faculty, and research projects quickly;
- Improved usability, quick reference information highly visible throughout the site and a more shallow site structure;
- High impact, emotionally resonant photography conveying warmth and making a connection with visitors; and
- Web Operations Management policies alongside the new CMS implementation allow more streamlined content management and ownership within each department.
The www.wfubmc.edu website also received an eHealthcare Leadership Award.
TBG (The Berndt Group) is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets.