TBG Wins ADDY Awards for Baltimore Museum of Art and Maryland Art Place Websites
TBG (The Berndt Group), a Baltimore, Maryland-based full service interactive agency, announced that it received silver awards in the Baltimore ADDY award competition in the category of Advertising for the Arts & Sciences, Interactive, for its work on the Baltimore Museum of Art (BMA) and Maryland Art Place (MAP) websites. Organized by the Advertising Association of Baltimore, the ADDY Awards highlight the best creative work being produced in Baltimore.
The Baltimore ADDY Awards is the first step towards winning a prize at the world’s largest advertising competition, the ADDY Awards, organized by the American Advertising Federation. TBG was recognized alongside top Baltimore agencies like MGH, PLANIT, and Mission Media. This year saw a record number of entries to the competition. The judging panel included esteemed members of the industry, including Menno Kluin, Art Director of Saatchi & Saatchi NY and Jim Hord, Creative Director on the Nike account at R/GA in New York City.
“The ADDY awards are a great chance to mingle with our Baltimore colleagues and see what's going on in the creative landscape of Baltimore advertising. We of course are particularly interested in the online and interactive aspects of that landscape. The Berndt Group is pleased to see the work we did for the BMA and MAP, two vital Baltimore institutions, recognized. We're excited to see how we match up in the regional competition and would love to go all the way to the national awards,” said John Berndt, President and CEO of TBG.
The Baltimore Museum of Art launched a major initiative in 2007 to offer free admission to its permanent collection. As part of this initiative the Museum approached TBG for a user-friendly web site that featured high-end design worthy of its sophisticated and art-appreciating visitors. We delivered a site that conveys the unique experience of visiting the BMA for its master works of art, gourmet dining, classical architecture, and lively programs.
The site features:
- Strong design, multimedia and an easy-to-navigate Information Architecture.
- The home page Flash offers immersion into the BMA environment, while the navigation clearly segments information based on audiences and their needs.
- Color sections and callouts of related links throughout the site are added cues to help users quickly and easily locate the information they need through visual cues and calls to action.
- Related eNews and ePostcard templates to compliment the new site design and facilitate the BMA's foray into online marketing.
- Site is built to allow the BMA to distribute its Web workflow among multiple employees and facilitate faster and more accurate content updates.
TBG typically takes on three pro bono projects per year for socially-motivated or arts-focused non-profit organizations. TBG built a pro bono site for Maryland Art Place, a contemporary art center and gallery in downtown Baltimore. The new site firmly establishes Maryland Art Place as a vibrant member of a national network of art centers and museums, as well as establishes MAP in the Baltimore community as an arts destination and resource.
This sleekly designed site features:
- Content-managed Flash to highlight current exhibitions - the homepage Flash is updated by the client through a custom browser interface – no knowledge of Flash necessary.
- Navigation area is fixed as pages scroll, so that it is always accessible, even when the user has scrolled to the bottom of a long page.
- Highly organized content such as exhibition details and image galleries, press releases, programs and events, ways to get involved, and resources for artists.
- Scrolling image galleries pop up within the page against a darkened background, allowing the client to add as many images as they like without creating clutter or extra download time within the exhibition page itself.
- Rotating background images keep the site fresh and interesting.
- Like the BMA site, the MAP site is built so that all content is easily editable by the client, as exhibitions and artists’ opportunities must be constantly updated.
TBG will now compete in the District Two ADDY competition against agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region.
About The Baltimore ADDY Awards
One of the biggest events organized by the Advertising Association of Baltimore (AAB) is the ADDY Awards. For over 30 years, the AAB has worked with members, volunteers, local businesses, area colleges and universities, media outlets and sponsors to celebrate the best creative work coming out of Baltimore. www.baltimoreadvertising.com.
TBG (The Berndt Group) is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets.