Senior Wordpress Developer
TBG is seeking freelance Senior WordPress Developers to work with the TBG team and take ownership of the maintenance and ongoing development of a range of WordPress websites.
Core responsibilities include:
- Analyze existing websites containing both custom development and plugins, and understand how the websites are constructed.
- Update and maintain existing front-end and back-end WordPress website code, functionality, and plugins.
- Create new pages, features, and functionalities within existing WordPress sites.
- Fix bugs documented in issue tracking software (JIRA).
- Write readable and efficient code for both front and back-end processes.
- Provide regular status updates to project teams and be able to communicate and document progress clearly.
- Articulate technical concepts, plans, and challenges to other developers, and to both internal and client teams with varying technical knowledge.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following skills and experience:
- Highly skilled with maintaining existing and creating new WordPress themes, plugins, architecture, and standards.
- Extensive, demonstrable experience with both front and back-end custom WordPress development across multiple sites.
- Experience with configuring redirects, performance, and developing for accessibility.
- Ability to perform custom PHP development, including content re-use via metadata.
- Familiarity with industry-standard plugins and best-practices.
- Experience with WordPress security practices, SSL, and secure forms.
- Solid understanding of SEO best-practices as they relate to WordPress development.
- Familiarity with professional-grade WordPress hosting and enterprise scenarios.
- Experience with a range of integrations.
- Competent with version control in Git.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multiple departments, agencies and external vendors in a professional manner.
Strong candidates will also possess the following:
- The candidate must be able to multi-task, manage their time with competing priorities, and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Successful candidates work respectfully in a group environment and can constructively incorporate feedback into their work.
- Candidates should also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with teams and departments.
Along with their resume, candidates should send examples of work in the form of URLs (live websites or stage sites), with a general overview of what their role was in relation to the work examples provided. No zip files; work samples must be in the form of URLs.
TBG is always looking for solid, reliable subcontractors to do freelance work. Freelancers would work on digital projects on an as needed, ongoing basis. Freelancers must be fully able to work remotely. We would prefer applicants within driving range of our Baltimore, MD office; subcontractors/freelancers ideally need to be able to come into our office for meetings on occasion and potentially, on occasion, travel to meet with clients as part of our project team. We will consider candidates that are not local if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication, and responsiveness.
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national customer experience agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.