Quality Assurance Specialist (Open to U.S. at-large)
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is seeking to hire a full-time Quality Assurance Specialist to do QA & Testing for ongoing web projects.
The candidate should be comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company working in teams on rapid-development projects. Flexibility in the candidate’s schedule around deployments and their timing is also expected occasionally.
We’re seeking candidates with previous Quality Assurance experience. Minimum of two years, with at least four years ideally. Talented, junior-level candidates are also encouraged to apply. We will consider candidates that are not in the Baltimore area, located throughout the U.S., if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication, and responsiveness.
In addition to testing large websites and applications for clients, the QA Department oversees Sitecore and Contentful training services for our clients and resources such as content migrators/integrators. The QA department is also in charge of creating training documentation materials as client deliverables. The QA role is a split role that combines the various QA activities on projects as well as Sitecore and Contentful basics and template specific training efforts for our clients.
This role also works closely with the Director of Quality Assurance on internal projects that promote the maintenance, standardization, adoption, and documentation of QA best practices. This includes activities such as researching current advances in testing methodology and new technologies.
Maturity, creativity, reliability, flexibility, adaptability, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one’s work, and the ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are necessary. We are seeking candidates who are meticulous in their attention to detail and thoroughness in all tasks, hardworking, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in being part of a team that delivers outstanding websites. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important; this position will interact closely with internal and client project teams. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, good stress management, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
Ideal candidates will exhibit the following experience/skills:
- Extreme attention to details and thoroughness in all tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to convey professionalism and engagement in all written, verbal and in-person meetings with team members and clients.
- High level of responsiveness, organization, and clarity in all communications.
- Reliability, availability, and ability to meet all assigned and agreed to deadlines.
- Experience with cross browser and devices compatibility testing for design fidelity.
- Previous experience using issue tracking and documentation software preferred (Jira, Confluence).
- Previous experience using automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cypress, Flood.io.
- Experience testing Web content management systems (i.e., Sitecore, Contentful, Umbraco, Episerver, Sitefinity, etc.) preferred.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute test plans against requirements and specifications.
- Test websites on multiple devices and browsers.
- Test websites from a functional standpoint, including manual testing, Automated testing, and Performance testing.
- Perform deployment regression testing (flexibility around timing is expected as regression may not always happen during regular business hours).
- Report and validate bugs and defects in a clear and organized manner using our bug tracking system.
- Point of contact for project managers for project specific Sitecore and Contentful client training for content managers, to assist with actual training sessions and training documentation, answering related questions, and participating in relevant client meetings.
- Create or oversee creation of project specific training documentation on Sitecore and Contentful projects with content manager training included in scope. Applies to internal content integration resources and client resources. This also includes confirming status of bugs in Jira before delivering documentation.
- Provide training sessions with client and internal content resources.
- Improve on existing training documentation format and templates (Confluence, Word, PPT, etc.).
- Participate and provide updates in project meetings.
- Quickly get up to speed on details of projects.
- Successful candidates must work respectfully in a group environment and manage their time efficiently.
When applying for the job, candidates should submit a copy of their resume along with work samples in the form of test scripts and documentation samples.
TBG is a 31-year-old agency with a proven track record in digital transformation for B2B, B2C, and highly regulated fields such as financial services and healthcare. Recently acquired by Valtech, our excellent team and leadership remain intact through this acquisition and our operations will run business-as-usual with some immediate improvements such as greater access to resources, and an increase in capabilities. As Valtech, we are a global company focused on digital transformation, and TBG's office is now the tip-of-the-spear of Valtech's healthcare vertical.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.