Digital Strategist & UX Architect
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
Digital Strategists & UX Architects will work as part of a talented creative team that produces award-winning website designs. If you are looking for a stimulating and engaging position and work environment at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
The Digital Strategist & UX Architect will work on and is responsible for various client-facing deliverables including Web and content strategy, user analysis and testing, usability recommendations, Web analytic assessments, information architecture, project requirement documents, content type definitions, and functional specifications. The Digital Strategist & UX Architect will work on high-visibility websites, user interfaces, and/or interactive projects simultaneously as part of a larger project team.
The Digital Strategist & UX Architect's responsibilities may include research, conducting and analyzing user testing and focus groups, writing strategy documents, defining use cases and high-level requirements, conceiving and producing annotated low-fidelity interactive prototypes, creating functional specifications around prototypes, reviewing designs and stage sites, and performing QA testing on development sites.
Along with the skills listed below, our ideal candidate has a passion for staying on top of shifting trends in the industry and is an excellent problem solver.
Strong candidates will have:
- At least three years of professional information architecture and usability experience.
- Experience working on large-scale custom applications and/or CMS (Content Management System) projects.
- Experience producing user experience consulting deliverables (strategy plans, site maps, annotated wireframes, content analysis documents, user flows, high-level requirements, user test and focus group planning and analysis, prototypes, etc.).
- Usability testing experience. Specifically, familiarity with planning and running focus groups, card sorting, surveys, and heuristic usability analysis, and moderating one-on-one user testing.
- A best practices orientation and approach to solving complex information architecture and usability issues for large websites and projects.
- A working understanding of HTML and conventional Web publishing frameworks.
- Human-centered computing, Information Architecture, or Web content management background.
- Superb organizational, time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, working on several projects or tasks at once.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with tight turnarounds.
- Must be able to 'think on one's feet' and come up with creative and appropriate solutions.
- Must work well in teams with other highly qualified web professionals in a relaxed, culturally diverse environment.
The following is also encouraged:
- A broad understanding of the Web and ability to be conversant in current issues surrounding CMS, content personalization, conversion optimization for sales and other goals, social media integration, Web and email marketing, and CRM integration strategies.
- Experience defining and writing detailed project requirements that span user, business, and system abilities, needs, and limitations.
- Experience using Axure for prototyping.
- Experience consulting directly with clients if applicable, comfortably leading information architecture, usability, and strategy discussions.
- Experience working on large-scale, complex websites in a variety of industries.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Sitecore and Drupal.
- Experience with HTML prototyping.
- Experience working with healthcare or health systems clients.
When applying for the job, candidates should submit a copy of their resume along with work samples in the form of wireframes, sitemaps, and writing samples.
TBG is always looking for solid, reliable subcontractors to do freelance work. Freelancers would work on Web projects on an as needed, ongoing basis. Freelancers must be fully able to work remotely. We would prefer applicants within driving range of our Baltimore, MD office; subcontractors/freelancers ideally need to be able to come into our office for meetings on occasion and potentially, on occasion, travel to meet with clients as part of our project team. We will consider candidates that are not local if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication and responsiveness.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.