TBG is seeking Front-end Developers to join a talented creative team (Strategists, Designers, and Front-end Developers). Along with the skills listed below, our ideal candidate has a passion for staying on top of shifting trends in the industry, and in working with a team to think through process and working methods. If you are looking for a stimulating and engaging position and work environment at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
- Valid HTML/CSS Template creation
- Working with the back-end team to translate templates into the chosen content management system
- Maintenance of existing sites—this may include creating new display templates, developing new features, or fixing bugs
- Ability to quickly figure out how a site is put together, and make the appropriate changes
- Debugging front-end code
- Wireframe and mockup review to catch potential issues before site build begins
- Thorough process of QA, addressing fixes logged by the design, technical, and account management departments
- Staying on top of current front-end best practices
Applicants must have a strong background in:
- HTML 5
- Web standards-based template production in a fast-paced environment
- Cross-browser compatibility
Familiarity with the following is strongly encouraged:
- Front-end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Handlebars or similar HTML templating systems
- Gulp, Webpack, Grunt, or other front-end build tools
- Modular CSS conventions /systems such as BEM, SMACSS, or "Object Oriented CSS"
- CSS preprocessors such as Sass
- Git/Version control experience
- Accessibility concepts and regulations such as WCAG 2.0 and Section 508
- CMS template integration
- Usability and Information Architecture best practices
- Mobile and responsive web design
- Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Modern design tools such as Sketch, or Figma
Strong candidates will also possess the following:
- At least 3 years of continuous industry experience in Web production.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of maturity and focus, with the ability to multi-task.
- An inherent interest in front-end programming.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, and strong self-organization.
- A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours and communication around those expectations.
- Good stress management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability, humility, and a sense of humor.
- The ability to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed.
Along with their resume, candidates should send examples of work in the form of URLs (live websites or stage sites or through GitHub), with notes providing a general overview of what their role was in relation to the work examples provided. No zip files; work samples must be in the form of URLs or code samples provided via GitHub. We are open to strong junior, mid and senior-level candidates.
TBG is always looking for solid, reliable subcontractors to do freelance work. Freelancers would work on digital projects on an as needed, ongoing basis. Freelancers must be fully able to work remotely. We would prefer applicants within driving range of our Baltimore, MD office; subcontractors/freelancers ideally need to be able to come into our office for meetings on occasion and potentially, on occasion, travel to meet with clients as part of our project team. We will consider candidates that are not local if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication and responsiveness.
TBG is a 31-year-old agency with a proven track record in digital transformation for B2B, B2C, and highly regulated fields such as financial services and healthcare. Recently acquired by Valtech, our excellent team and leadership remain intact through this acquisition and our operations will run business-as-usual with some immediate improvements such as greater access to resources, and an increase in capabilities. As Valtech, we are a global company focused on digital transformation, and TBG's office is now the tip-of-the-spear of Valtech's healthcare vertical.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.