Business Analyst (Open to US at-Large)
TBG is seeking to hire an experienced Business Analyst to be a part of a talented Strategy and User Experience team (UXDS) that produces a wide range of applications and websites. TBG is a national customer experience agency and leading Sitecore partner with a great company culture and work environment. If you are looking for a stimulating and engaging position at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
The Business Analyst role works collaboratively across TBG departments to balance business priorities with user needs and functional realities to holistically support TBG client digital ecosystems. The role focuses on continuously improving our client’s digital ecosystems through data-driven insights and grounded technological realities.
The Business Analyst primarily focuses on the following activities, although other activities may be necessary:
- The Business Analyst gathers and anticipates requirements from client stakeholders, and works to communicate, translate, and simplify requirements to ensure buy-in from stakeholders.
- The Business Analyst builds and maintains functionality or enhancement roadmaps alongside with TBG Account Management to help unify solutions across TBG client digital ecosystems.
- The Business Analyst collaborates with TBG clients, Digital Strategists, and Developers to explore and document functional use cases for solutions. This may include writing detailed documentation and use case scenarios around TBG client solutions.
- The Business Analyst researches and verifies solutions proposed by TBG clients and project team members – particularly as they relate to third-party integrations that interact with Sitecore and other web CMS platforms.
- The Business Analyst participates in the assessment of customizations and enhancements to existing TBG library components, and helps to determine the impact that changes will have against requirements, design-build activities, and the library catalog.
- The Business Analyst documents and manages replicable standards around commonly executed solutions across project teams —such as type-ahead search, filtering, and taxonomy.
- The Business Analyst works with developers to ensure that requirements and functional specifications meet business needs. This may include managing technical difficulties that arise during the development process.
- The Business Analyst works with trainers to document system scenarios and identify roles impacts to help development training documentation.
- The Business Analyst stays up to date with the latest in Marketing technology solutions and other relevant disciplines. It is expected that over time, the role will become highly expert in understanding, strategizing, and describing the relevant digital platform stack and space.
The role is intensely collaborative with clients and internal staff, and primarily focused on the tactical aspect of these executions, although at times the role may interact with Strategy when making strategic recommendations and roadmaps for TBG clients. The role works closely with technical roles at TBG to define necessary custom development to enhance "out-of-the-box" features.
Strong candidates will have:
- At least three years of professional Business Analysis experience in a technology setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong writing abilities: ability to create briefings and consulting documents.
- Superb organizational, time management, and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, working on several projects or tasks at once.
- Experience working on large-scale custom applications and/or CMS (Content Management System) or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) projects that are inclusive of search, taxonomy, and third-party integrations.
- Experience producing business analysis consulting deliverables (user stories, use case scenarios, flow diagrams, functional notes, etc.)
- A best practices orientation and approach to solving complex information architecture and usability issues for large websites and projects.
- A basic understanding of HTML and conventional Web publishing frameworks.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with tight turnarounds.
- Must be able to 'think on one's feet' and come up with innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must work well in teams with other highly qualified web professionals in a supportive, culturally diverse environment.
The following are also an added benefit:
- Experience working with Sitecore or other enterprise CMS platform.
- A broad understanding of the web and ability to be conversant in current issues surrounding digital marketing, content personalization, conversion optimization for sales and other goals, social media integration, web and email strategies, and CRM integration strategies.
- Experience consulting directly with clients if applicable, comfortably leading discussions focused on analytics and optimization.
- Experience working on large-scale, complex websites in a variety of industries.
- Experience working on Agile teams.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of content object modeling in CMS
- Experience working with healthcare or health systems clients.
When applying for the job, candidates should submit a copy of their resume along with writing and work samples (e.g., requirements documentation, flow diagrams, presentations).
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national customer experience agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.