Analytics & Optimization Specialist
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
The Analytics & Optimization Specialist plans and executes the use of features of analytics, digital marketing, and targeting systems, working with measurement tools to set up, test, and track capabilities like A/B testing, multivariate testing, personalization, marketing automation, advanced analytics, federated tracking, and email delivery.
The role primarily focuses on these activities, although other activities may be necessary.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist works with TBG’s Digital Strategists and clients to understand and clarify the tactical aspects of strategies, limitations of measurement systems, and digital operational concerns around different implementation ideas.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist manages TBG’s measurement platforms and measurement implementation using tools including, but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Sitecore Analytics.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist is responsible for developing measurement plans, implementing necessary codes, and ensuring proper implementation across multiple clients and projects.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist plans the aspects of marketing and optimization implementation with clients and internal TBG staff, including the necessary site modifications, content planning, workflows, rules, tracking, and other elements necessary for successful programs.
- The Specialist may help to maintain a knowledge base about the systems and to train internal staff at TBG in the systems. Occasionally, the role may participate in the review of new platforms.
- The Specialist may attend new business pitches if the project relates to aspects of the role. The Specialist will attend client meetings as applicable, if executing optimization work on a project, coordinating with the TBG project manager and digital strategy team.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist works with Digital Strategists at TBG to determine the appropriate conceptual approach to execution, including for instance, profiling schemes, content scoring schemes, metadata, campaign definition, conversion definition, customer touch-points, and other related items.
- The Specialist may also write blog posts and/or white papers to promote the execution side of TBG’s practice.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist tests and tracks implementation of digital features, including in some cases the simulation of user states, tracking of program performance, and development of segment-based analytics, including multi-channel implementations.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist works on the development of quoting and execution process/deliverables for all of the above with TBG Directors and Management, to optimize the approach to delivery and economics of projects.
- The Analytics & Optimization Specialist provides training to clients in these areas, and may at times, need to travel to client offices for on-site training meetings.
The role is intensely collaborative with clients and internal staff, and primarily focused on the tactical aspect of these executions, although at times the role may interact with Strategy. The role may also work with technical roles at TBG to define necessary custom development to enhance "out-of-the-box" features. Although the role is not a project management position, it may include internal project management of the details of executions around Analytics and Optimization efforts.
Strong candidates will have:
- At least three years of professional analytics and optimization experience.
- Experience working on large-scale custom applications and/or CMS (Content Management System) projects.
- Experience working with common web analytics and measurement tools – especially Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Experience planning, setting up, executing and measuring A/B and multivariate tests.
- Experience producing analytics and optimization deliverables (e.g. measurement plans, test plans, analytics dashboards, analytics and optimization reports, training materials).
- A working understanding of HTML and conventional Web publishing frameworks.
- Human-centered computing, Information Architecture, or Web content management background.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Superb organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, working on several projects or tasks at once.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with tight turnarounds.
- Must be able to 'think on one's feet' and come up with innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Must work well in teams with other highly qualified web professionals in a relaxed, culturally diverse environment.
The following are also encouraged:
- A broad understanding of the Web and ability to be conversant in current issues surrounding CMS, content personalization, conversion optimization for sales and other goals, social media integration, Web and email marketing, and CRM integration strategies.
- Experience working with heat-mapping tools and technologies.
- Experience consulting directly with clients if applicable, comfortably leading discussions focused on analytics and optimization.
- Experience working on large-scale, complex websites in a variety of industries.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Sitecore.
- Experience working with healthcare or health systems clients.
When applying for the job, candidates should submit a copy of their resume along with relevant work and/or case study examples.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.