Web Content Writer (Freelance)
The Berndt Group (TBG), an expert, award-winning web design and development company, is looking for a freelance Content Writer to develop content for ongoing web projects on an as-needed basis.
Located in Baltimore, TBG is one of the oldest, most respected web firms in the country. Since 2009, the firm has ranked on a list of "The Top Ten Interactive Design Firms and Web Design Firms" internationally. We win on average, five design awards per year. We are also consistently ranked as a top web design firm and software developer by the Baltimore Business Journal.
Ideal candidates will exhibit the following experience/skills:
- Superior writing and editing skills, specifically when it comes to writing for the web
- Experience with writing to SEO standards and specifications
- Ability to match tone/voice of writing to existing content
- Willingness and ability to work with subject matter experts to understand and translate complex material into easy-to-digest language for the layperson
- Extreme attention to details and thoroughness in all tasks
- Ability to convey professionalism and engagement in all written, verbal and in-person meetings with TBG staff and/or clients
- High level of responsiveness in all communications
- Reliability, availability and ability to meet all assigned and agreed to deadlines; preference for candidates with uninterrupted periods of time for heads-down content development and aggressive turnarounds
- Previous freelance content writing experience preferred
- Experience testing web content management systems (such as Sitecore, Ektron, Umbraco, and WordPress) preferred
- Experience and familiarity with the financial industry a plus, including knowledge of current banking regulations and disclosure requirements
- Experience writing on healthcare topics also a plus
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop web content from scratch
- Edit and adapt existing content to match a specified style/voice, make it more web-friendly, and enhance SEO
- Quickly get up to speed on details of projects, which could include phone or in-person meetings with content/business owners
- Have a minimum of 15h/week available for content writing when committing to a project; some projects will require more or less availability
The candidate must be meticulous, reliable, hardworking, have strong web writing and editing skills and a high level of maturity. Successful candidates must work respectfully in a group environment, and manage their time efficiently.
Work may be done remotely, but candidates should ideally be available to attend project meetings at TBG offices if applicable to a project, or if needed.
ABOUT THE BERNDT GROUP
Located in Baltimore, The Berndt Group (TBG) is one of the oldest, most respected web firms in the country. Since 2009, the firm has ranked on a list of "The Top Ten Interactive Design Firms and Web Design Firms" internationally. We win on average, five design awards per year—in 2010 we won 15 awards! We are also consistently ranked as a top web design firm and software developer by the Baltimore Business Journal.