.NET Developer (Full-time Position, also looking for Freelancers)
The Berndt Group (TBG), an established and highly respected full-service Web developer, is looking for full-time software developers to build .NET Web applications. We are also looking for experienced freelancers who can commit to small or large projects. When applying for the job, please indicate if you are applying for the full-time position or freelance work.
Located in Baltimore, TBG is one of the oldest, most respected web firms in the country. Since 2009, the firm has ranked on a list of "The Top Ten Interactive Design Firms and Web Design Firms" internationally. We win on average, five design awards per year. We are also consistently ranked as a top web design firm and software developer by the Baltimore Business Journal.
The candidate should be comfortable working through a structured, modular, and well-documented development processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company, working in teams on rapid-development projects.
Maturity, creativity, strong problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented process, and the general ability to understand client needs expressed in functional requirements are a must.
The position requires the developer to be capable of leading the technical team through the complete project life-cycle of implementing, extending and integrating complex content management systems. This includes:
- Evaluating requests for proposals
- Providing hours estimates and maintaining timelines
- Assistance in requirements gathering
- Critical review of wireframes and functional designs
- Application architecture and database design
- Assistance in writing functional requirements
- Problem-solving around new technologies and API integrations
- Coding the project and managing the tasks of co-developers
- Load, performance and scalability testing
- Managing bug-fixing during the Q/A phases
- Deployment to the production environment
- Client training and documentation
- Maintenance of legacy sites
The position requires the developer to possess 3+ years of professional experience regarding the following:
- ASP.Net (C#)
- Visual Studio
- Object oriented programming concepts
- Relational database concepts
- HTML and CSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
OTHER SKILLS CONSIDERED A PLUS
- Major 3rd party CMS (i.e., Sitecore, Ektron)
- jQuery and AJAX
- Git version control
- Hudson continuous integration
- LAMP (Python, PHP)
The Berndt Group will not pay for relocation costs.
ABOUT THE BERNDT GROUP
Located in Baltimore, The Berndt Group (TBG) is one of the oldest, most respected web firms in the country. Since 2009, the firm has ranked on a list of "The Top Ten Interactive Design Firms and Web Design Firms" internationally. We win on average, five design awards per year—in 2010 we won 15 awards! We are also consistently ranked as a top web design firm and software developer by the Baltimore Business Journal.