Senior Sitecore Developer / Lead Architect
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
TBG is seeking a full-time Senior .NET Sitecore developer to work with our team building large websites and applications. The Senior .NET developer role at TBG is a combined developer / lead technical architect role. If you're looking for a stimulating and engaging position and work environment at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
We are ideally looking to hire Senior .NET Developers who are Sitecore certified with Sitecore CMS experience. If you are a .NET Developer with sustained lead developer / lead architect experience, and experience working with CMS, but not necessarily Sitecore certified or with Sitecore experience but are excited to learn, we want to hear from you!
We currently have two full-time openings:
- .NET Sitecore developer focused on development for multiple accounts and projects.
- .NET Sitecore developer focused on development around a single large Sitecore ecosystem for one of our longtime banner clients. Multiple developers work on this client's ecosystem among other projects, but this role would be entirely dedicated to the client, and would ultimately become familiar with all aspects of the ecosystem.
The candidate should be comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented development processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company working in teams on rapid-development projects.
In addition to building large websites and applications for clients and functioning as a lead architect on projects, this role will work closely with TBG's Technical Director and other senior technical team members on internal projects that promote the maintenance, standardization, adoption and documentation of best development practices. This includes activities such as researching current advances in development methodology and new technologies.
Maturity, creativity, strong problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one’s work, and the general ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are a must. We are seeking candidates who are meticulous, hard-working, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in developing outstanding websites that solve real world problems. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as well as a high level of personal organization. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, good stress management, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential. Note: Some travel required.
The position requires the developer to be capable of working on the complete project life-cycle of implementing, extending and integrating complex content management systems. Candidate should be able to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed. The position requires a senior level candidate that serves as the internal technical team leader as well as the lead developer / technical architect interfacing with the client.
- Evaluating request for proposal documents and providing estimates
- Attending new business, client presentations, and industry conferences as needed
- Providing hours estimates and maintaining timelines
- Assisting in requirements gathering
- Providing critical review of wireframes and functional designs
- Developing solution architecture and database design
- Generating requirements documentation
- Performing problem-solving around new technologies and API integrations
- Coding the project and managing the tasks of co-developers as well as code review of co-developers
- Performing load, performance and scalability testing
- Managing bug fixing during the Q/A phases
- Performing deployments to production environments
- Writing documentation for and performing client training
- Supporting existing websites with new development and performing maintenance tasks
- Contributing to TBG's technical knowledge and expanding the company's outside presence through writing blog posts and participating in online developer communities and forums as applicable
The position requires the developer to possess 3 - 5+ years of professional experience regarding the following and should be able to demonstrate current capabilities that are comparable to our existing standards:
- ASP.Net (C#)
- Visual Studio
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Relational database concepts
- HTML and CSS
- Technical writing
Other skills considered a plus:
- Major 3rd party CMS (i.e., Sitecore, Umbraco, EpiServer, Adobe, and Ektron)
- TDS, TFS
- jQuery and AJAX
- Git source control management
- Continuous integration tools (i.e., Octopus, Team City, Hudson, Jenkins)
- LAMP (Python, PHP)
- Performance and functional testing tool use
Along with their resume, candidates should send examples of work in the form of URLs (public Github repositories, live websites or stage sites), with a general overview of what their role was related to the work examples provided.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.