Quality Assurance Specialist
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
TBG is looking for freelance Quality Assurance Specialists to do QA & testing for ongoing Web projects on an as-needed basis. If you're looking for a stimulating and engaging position and work environment at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
Ideal candidates will exhibit the following experience/skills:
- extreme attention to details and thoroughness in all tasks;
- ability to multi-task;
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- ability to convey professionalism and engagement in all written, verbal and in-person meetings with TBG staff;
- high level of responsiveness in all communications;
- reliability, availability and ability to meet all assigned and agreed to deadlines;
- preference for candidates with uninterrupted periods of time for QA during busy launch phases on projects (more hours available than less is preferred);
- experience with cross browser and devices compatibility testing for design fidelity;
- previous Quality Assurance experience preferred;
- previous experience using issue tracking software preferred (JIRA); and
- experience testing Web content management systems (such as Sitecore, Ektron, Umbraco, and WordPress) preferred.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- develop and execute test plans against requirements and specifications;
- be able to test websites on multiple devices and browsers;
- quickly get up to speed on details of projects;
- report bugs and defects in a clear and organized manner using our bug tracking system;
- have a minimum of 5h/week available for QA when committing to a project (some projects will require more availability, to be worked out with TBG per project);
- candidates must be meticulous, reliable, hardworking, able to multi-task, and have strong problem-solving skills and a high level of maturity; and
- successful candidates must work respectfully in a group environment, and manage their time efficiently.
Work may be done remotely, but candidates should ideally be available to attend training or attend project meetings at TBG offices if applicable to a project, or if needed.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.