Front-end Web Developer
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
TBG is seeking freelance Front-end Web Developers to assist a talented creative team (Information Architects, Designers, Front-end Developers). Along with the skills listed below, our ideal candidate has a passion for staying on top of shifting trends in the industry, and in working with a team to think through process and working methods. If you're looking for a stimulating and engaging position and work environment at a successful, growing company, this job is for you!
- Valid HTML/CSS Template creation
- Maintenance of existing sites—this may include creating new display templates, developing new features, or fixing bugs
- Ability to quickly figure out how a site is put together, and make the appropriate changes
- Debugging front-end code
- Wireframe and mockup review to catch potential issues before site build begins
- Thorough process of QA, addressing fixes logged by the design, technical, and account management departments
- Staying on top of current front-end best practices
Applicants must have a strong background in:
- HTML 5
- Web Standards based template production in a fast-paced environment
- Cross-browser compatibility
Familiarity with the following is strongly encouraged:
- Handlebars or similar HTML templating systems
- Adobe Photoshop
- CSS Preprocessors (Sass, Less, etc.)
- Gulp, Webpack, Grunt, or other front-end build tools
- BEM, SMACSS, "Object Oriented CSS" and other CSS conventions/styles
- Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Git/Version Control Experience
- Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Accessibility concepts and regulations such as WCAG and Section 508
- Mobile and responsive Web design
- CMS template integration
- Usability and Information Architecture best practices
We are seeking candidates who are meticulous, hard-working, able to multi-task, have strong problem-solving skills and a high level of maturity and focus, and have a strong inherent interest in front-end programming. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as well as a high level of personal organization. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project is required. Good stress management and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
Candidate should be able to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed.
Candidates must have at least 3 years of continuous industry experience in Web production and should be able to demonstrate current capabilities that are comparable to our existing standards.
Along with their resume, candidates should send examples of work in the form of URLs (live websites or stage sites), with a general overview of what their role was related to the work examples provided. Zip files will not be accepted; work samples must be in the form of URLs.
Freelancers would work on Web projects on an as needed, ongoing basis. Freelancers must be fully set up to work remotely. We would prefer applicants within driving range of our Baltimore, MD office; subcontractors/freelancers ideally need to be able to come into our office for meetings on occasion and potentially, on occasion, travel to meet with clients as part of our project team. We will consider candidates that are not local if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication and responsiveness.
Note that TBG will not pay for relocation costs.
Forget what you know about work. Life is short. Live Well.
Uninhibited brainstorming, a healthy sense of humor, passionate drive, teamwork, smarts, and high-quality results are the hallmarks of The Berndt Group (TBG). We've created a stimulating, pleasant work environment built on mutual respect where there is room to learn and express ourselves. We choose our teammates carefully, ensuring that each new member will enrich our close-knit group and help to fulfill our mutual goals. The result? An open-minded work environment with an enormous potential for growth, high employee retention, and outstanding, award-winning output. We're happy to be here. We enjoy our work. Learn more about TBG Culture.
The Berndt Group, LTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.